39 Birmingham Rd
Isle of Wight
The Club has a reputation for its warm and welcoming atmosphere........
The Cowes Corinthian Yacht Club was established in 1952 by the late ‘Tiny’ Mitchell as a club for local yachtsmen. It has evolved largely through the voluntary labours of its members to become a popular venue for both racing and cruising yachtsmen. It is the only club in Cowes that can provide marina berths and shoreside boat storage facilities to its members.
The Club is situated on the west bank of the River Medina, approximately half a mile south of the harbour entrance. The approach to the Club by sea is made by turning to starboard on passing the southern-most pontoon of Cowes Yacht Haven, when the Club pontoons will be seen directly ahead.
The Clubhouse is open from 0800 daily for use of toilet and shower facilities and the bar is open every evening and lunchtimes at weekends and Bank holidays. All the main facilities can be found nearby including: fuel and gas from Lallows yard next door, and within easy walking distance, rigging lofts, sailmakers, chandlers, marine engineers, electronic engineers, boat builders, restaurants, launderette and supermarket.
The Club is home to Cowes Sailability Club whose aim is to provide activities afloat for people with disabilities
The Andrew Cassell Foundation, a charity focussing on racing for disabled sailors, is also based at CCYC. Sailing is a sport where able bodied and disabled sailors participate in a competitive environment. The Foundation is also training sailors for the Paralympic Games.
...Putting smiles on peoples faces
Racing for the disabled